Women’s Center North
Women juggle many demands, often neglecting their own needs. These demands make dealing with substance abuse very difficult.
- 12 Step Philosophy
- Mental Health Group
- Family Education Program
- Culturally Sensitive Programs
- 24-Hour Nursing
- Holistic Approach
- Recreational Therapy
- Community Networking & Referral
- Aftercare & Discharge Planning
Recovery Center & Staff
All Services through the Recovery Center are licensed under the State of Minnesota, Department of Human Services. Counseling staff are licensed through the Behavioral Health and Therapy Board and/or licensed through the Board of Psychology or Nursing. Treatment staff help clients in establishing abstinence from alcohol and other drugs through a variety of techniques including education and counseling in physical, psychological, spiritual, social and family aspects of recovery.
The Recovery Center’s treatment process is based on a 12-step recovery model. This process assists individuals in taking responsibility for their lives. People are encouraged to search inside themselves, face their past and accept responsibility for directing themselves toward new goals and a different way of living.
Body, Soul & Mind
Through education and discussion, we can help each client examine and make new responsible choices in every area of their life:
- Social Relationship: How to establish and maintain healthy relationships.
- Emotional: How to manage emotional life and personal change.
- Mental: How to shift the focus from negative, destructive thinking to constructive problem-solving.
- Physical: How to develop more personal peace and self-acceptance.
- Choice: How to become more self-directed to make life work better.
Medical insurance, State of MN funds, County Funds and self pay.
For more information about the Women’s Recovery Center staff or services, contact
Northland Recovery Women’s Center
213 SE 11th Street
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
(218) 327-1914 (Fax)